Chilling on a Hot Day by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I'm here this week with one of the samples I created for the show today at 2pm on HobbyMaker TV which is not to be missed for inspiration to get ahead on those seasonal makes. The perfect way to chill on a warm June day too!

Step by Step:

My chosen substrate is the largest size MDF tag from That's Crafty! I used the Snowflake stencil with Holographic Fine Texture Paste to apply a pattern all over the surface.

Once the paste was dry, I misted Aubergine and then Frost Lustre sprays over the tag. This did leave a slight purple tone on the snowflakes but it's very subtle and rather pretty.


I then took some greyboard snowflakes and set about decorating them up to add some bling. I painted them with Pearl Metallic Paint, adding some Metallic Ice Blue and Patina round the outer edges. I then smeared some of the Holographic Paste on the snowflakes. You can see a little of the sparkle in the above photo. I glued them on with 3D glue, necessary because of the uneven surface.

I next stamped the bird and pine branch on smooth white stamping card, using black ink for the bird and dark green for the pine. I coloured the images with markers and cut them out - the branch took a little patience but the trick is to leave a white border which I then coloured green.

I added some more of the holographic paste at the bottom of the tag to look like snow and smudged some Metallic Bronze paint around the edges.

I glued the branch and bird in place with 3D glue and tied some toning ribbon through the top to finish.

Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so gorgeous! Fab textured and sparkly background for the lovely festive bird. Take care. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris, a lovely comment very much appreciated and you take care too xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook