A Mish Mash Project! by Helen Chilton

11:00

Satin inks, Oxide sprays, stencils, pens, pastes - I've used the lot!


This is one of those projects that started out without an end in sight - I was playing with kraft card and Oxide sprays using the stencil below. The sprays are very different on kraft card.


Then I added in the trees in Squeezed Lemonade.


Here's another 'play' in different colours with some extra splats - I've stamped off the circle stencil on the right hand side before adding the trees in Salty Ocean. If you wanted more defined trees you could wait for the background to dry and then stencil with an Oxide ink pad - however I'm far too impatient!


I chose the right hand side to work with. 


Then I white embossed some of Lynne's Wild Flowers over the top and had a bit of a panic as I didn't like it!


So, I got out the inks. I did try a bit of paint first (hence the purply middle bit) but rubbed it off.



After that I added a bit of stencilling with the Rich Hobby paste.


I decided the flowers needed more definition so outlined them in black...


...and added white dotty highlights.


To finish, I added some paper flowers that I found in my stash. I added touches of the gold paste so they coordinated.


The text is from 13Arts


You can see how this was experimental - I nearly abandoned it halfway through but in the end, although I lost a lot of the background, I liked the inks on the kraft card and the way the gold paste shines out. 

Hope you enjoyed this project!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook