Some Beautiful Paths....... by Gill Humphrey

11:00


 
 
As we enter summer floral and lighter projects have more of an appeal for me than maybe steam punk ones do and so this week I have a project using Garden of Promises. The base for this piece is a 6" x 12" canvas to which I applied thick gesso through the borders stencil that goes with the paper collection - I applied this predominantly to the edges of the frame but in three areas to create a pleasing visual triangle. Once the gesso had dried I applied patches of Corn and Indian Turquoise before spraying with lots of water and allowing the colours to spread and merge so that the overall effect was more like watercolour than acrylic painting. I then threw over some coarse rock salt and left the canvas to dry. The salt attract the moisture resuling in a subtle mottled effect once the dried salt has been brushed off.
 
 

 Next I took some paper strips and focal imagery from the Garden of Promise 12 x 12, 8 x 8 and 6 x 6  collection of papers inking them with vintage photo distress oxide and distressing the edges and started to layer my project. 

 
On top of the paper elements I then added some of the floral elements from the chipboard pack before adding some gauze and then more die cuts and fussy cut floral elements.

 
The clock face was cast with ceramic powder using the clocks mould - the joy of the ceramic powder is it sets quickly and does not need priming. The set mould was painted with Gold Sand paint and once that had dried was aged with dark blue by simply painting on and wiping off until I was happy with the overall effect. On top of this I then added metallic gold wax

I took the top layer off a piece of corrugated cardboard and mounted my sentiment on to this before positioning it in place. I added some paper flowers from my stash and then two chipboard butterflies before adding splashes of the Indian turquoise  paint and some with diluted black gesso.

I hope that you all have a good week and stay safe.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Absolutel fabulous canvas and background,love all the texture and embellishments
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook