Summer Floral Shadow Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have a pretty summery shadow tag to share this week as I was lucky enough to get to play with the absolutely gorgeous Katzelkraft Floralies stamps which made their debut on HobbyMaker TV last month and this was just one of the things I created.

Step by Step:

I assembled my shadow tag first using That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue and then brushed Evergreen Multi Surface Paint over the frame areas, just leaving the central shadow area plain as I planned to put paper inside.

I then brushed on a layer of Crackle Glaze and left it to go tacky. Once it was, I painted on White, Lime and Green Multi Surface Paints in a random pattern and left it to dry and crackle.



I then prepared the paper to go inside using a VersaFine Clair green ink pad patted down the length of a strip cut to fit. This gave a slghtly striped effect to the background. I stamped a leafy sprig from the set all over with VersaFine Clair Verdant ink.


I next took some waste strips of MDF left over from popping the kit pieces out of the carrier sheet and cut these to fit as they looked a bit like quirky vines. I dry brushed the MDF surface withEvergreen paint and glued them to the background.


I stamped my chosen flowers on white stamping card with black ink and coloured them with Studio Light Light Markers and cut them out. 

I arranged the flowers against the background before gluing them in place and glued some scrap Craftyboard to the flower heads to make them more dimensional. I glued them in place starting with the purple flowers and tucked the orange and yellow daisies underneath.


Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook