Ride the Breeze by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 

Happy Monday Crafters! 

Today's project is a little triple Art Shrine, using That's Crafty! Dinky Art Shrines - Rectangle, Katzelkraft Winged Papillons Stamp Set, 13 Arts Industrial Zone 6x6 paper pack and DecoArt Rusted Metal Designer Finishes set.

I started by building the 3 shines, but didn't glue the top frame on straight away as I needed to paint the base first with the Rusted Metal Paints. 




I painted the shrines with the first layer 'Tin', and let them dry. I then measured around the frame waste to cut 3 inner papers from the Industrial Zone 6x6 papers. 



I adhered these to the middle of the shrine bases with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive then mixed the next stage of the rust effect - Texture Sand Medium and Georgia Clay. I applied this liberally in various areas of the base and the top frame. 




Once dry, I then applied the final layer of the Rust Effect - Asphaltum over the clay colour. The top frames were then glued over the bases.



For the embellishments I stamped several of the smaller butterflies from the Katzelkraft Winged Papillons set, cut out and painted with Salvaged Patina and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxides. I also stamped and cut out one of the sentiments from the stamp set and cut them into two parts. The embellishments were then glued to the frames. 




To create my hanging decoration I applied glue to the back of the frames then added some string, finishing with scraps of card glued over the top for extra strength. 




I absolutely loved using the Rusted Metal effect paint kit, and no doubt will be using it for more projects this week! The Winged Papillons stamp set also went really well with the Industrial Zone papers, so further collaborations with those will be done too.


Hope you enjoyed today's project and as ever, Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook