Rose In Love Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I hope you're all enjoying the extra holiday we all have to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee with luckily some sunny weather at the moment.

My post this week features the beautiful new Rose In Love collection from 13 Arts and it's such a pretty one which had loads of possibilities for more than scrapbooking. I have a tag to share and show you that you can alter up the pretty papers to match in with your other elements if you need to.

Step by Step:

My chosen base is an MDF tag which I prepped with a coat of white gesso. I decided to cover the central area with paper so I used a crackle effect for the top and bottom of the tag. I brushed on a coat of Crackle Glaze in both areas and left it to go tacky. I then added streaks of Green and Light Pink Multi Surface paints over the top and crackle appeared.


I covered the central area with a piece of leaf sprig paper, having distressed the edges with an emery board. The paper had a white background which didn't quite work with the crackled area so I watered down Light Pink Multi Surface paint to make a glaze and brushed this over the top. This warmed the tone of the paper and looked fab.


I decided on a simple floral embellishment and cut out one of the gorgeous vellum flowers from the collection. I coloured the image on the reverse side with Studio Light markers. Once it was dry, I brushed on some of the watered down paint to tone down the pink a little.


I glued the flowers in place and added a gem in the centre for some sparkle. I finished off with a scrap of crochet lace and some recycled sari silk ribbon. I added a vellum word with decoupage matte varnish.


Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook