Industrial Tag Book by Gill Humphrey

11:00


Sometimes a pretty girly make is just not right for the intended recipient and grungy is the way to go. For this weeks blog post I have taken the Kraft Tag Book and altered it to make a mini album. This is actually really easy to do. Before I started I drew round the tag shapes being mindful of the orientation of the text and images on the Industrial Zone 12 x 12 papers I simply measured the length of the piece I wanted to form the spine of my album and cut two inch strips scored at 1" these were then adhered in place between adjacent tags stacking them on top of each other until I had enough pages. 




I use a clamp then to hold everything securely in place until the glue has completely set. I then used my precut papers - distressing them with scissors and adding some Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink before adhering them in place.

 
For the cover I built layers of interest. I made my own stencil paste with Glossy Heavy Body Gel and Onyx Color Glow and used this through the Industrial Zone stencil.


Once the paste was dry I added more details using the Pipes and Gears MDF Elements and Ephemera.


For the inside pages I cut photomats approximately 5" by 31/2" from kraft card stock and added details with the vintage photo distress ink and the Industrial Zone stamp set. I had strips of paper left from cutting the base papers and so for some of the pages I created a flap by cutting a 6" long by 31/2" wide pieces of paper and scored at 1" along the long edge. Adhering these pieces in place on the edge of some of the photomats. The prepared photomats were glued in place and then ephemera and mdf elements added as embellishment clusters. The thickness of the MDF pieces is really quite slim making it ideal for added interest without added bulk.

My pages look like this:


















I think this would make a lovely present for Fathers day filled with photographs of grandchildren or may be celebrating a trip to a historical/ industrial attraction.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook