I Like Driving in My Car by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 Happy Monday Lovelies!

Today's blog project is a tall card featuring a trio of Artist Trading Coins and ITD Rice Paper. 


I started by choosing 3 images from ITD Rice Paper 0543 and with a wet paint brush traced around the shapes I wanted. This made it easier to tear the rice paper in exactly the right place. 


I painted 3 That's Crafty! Artist Trading Coins with white gesso, then used a small amount of my That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive spritzed with a little water to add my rice paper pieces, gluing underneath onto the coins then over the top of the rice paper to seal. 


I created some dimension by spreading That's Crafty! Texture Paste through their mini Harlequin Stencil and dried gently with a heat gun. 



I wanted to create a distressed look to the ATCoins, so spritzed some That's Crafty! Walnut Flat Matte Spray onto my mat and painted random areas of the rice paper. 



To add colour to the raised harlequin patterns, I lightly sponged That's Crafty! Turquoise Shimmer Paint and Metallic Antique Gold Multi Surface Paint over the diamonds, and then rubbed the Gold paint around the edges of the coins with my finger. 



For the card base, I cut some cream card stock 8 inches by 9.5 inches and folded in half to create a 4 x 9.5 inch tall card. I also cut a strip of black card 1.5 inches by 9.5 inches. 

With the black card, I dry brushed some of the gold paint gently across the surface (dipping the brush in a small amount of the paint, then dabbing the excess onto a paper towel before brushing onto the black card). 


On the cream card, I randomly stencilled through the Harlequin stencil - leaving the centre as this was where the black strip would go. I heat set the texture paste then used the dry brush technique to apply the turquoise and gold paints. 


I finally glued the black strip to the centre of the card, then glued my 3 coins down the centre.


A fun project for ATCoin Collectors and also a fun car card. I hope you enjoyed- and Happy Crafting.

Liz x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook