Mixed Media Cards by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Hello!

My crackle obsession continues this week with a couple of mixed media cards which feature my favourite way of using paints with the amazing That's Crafty! crackle glaze as a starting layer.

Step by Step: 

I decided to create the cards in the 5 x 7ins size so I cut out a couple of acrylic paper panels slightly smaller than the card base. I painted one with Evergreen Multi Surface Paint and the other with Violet as I wanted quite dark shades underneath but fancied a change from black.
 


I painted over a coat of Crackle Glaze and once it was tacky, painted over the top with multiple shades to tone with the background colour. I chose Lime, Teal and Orange for the green one and Lavender, Light Blue and Magenta for the purple one.


I then added another layer of detail to each one with stencilling and stamping. For the green one, I used the bubble leaves mask with Evergreen paint and stamped on the stitchy circle image from one of the floral stamp sets I chose with black ink, heat embossing with clear powder.


For the purple one, I used the flowers mask with Violet ink and stamped on the same stitchy circle image with purple ink.


Once the background was done, I stamped my chosen floral image on each one, stamping again on smooth white stamping card. I coloured just the stamped flowers and leaves on the card with a mix of alcohol and watercolour markers. I cut these out ready to add to the background.

I placed the cut out images over the top and felt I needed more contrasting detail so I went to work with a fine white Posca pen, adding dots and stitched lines to echo the stamped images. Some colour was also added to the stamped circles. A little pink pen was added to the purple one. I inked the panel edges black and glued them to the card bases, following with the floral layer and some stamped text.



Supplies:

 
 Have a great weekend and see you next week. 
 
Fliss x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook