A Piggin Lovely Journal by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday crafty folk.

Today's project features some lovely stamps by Melina Dahl, my Journal It Templates Set 1 and some easy techniques to create texture and depth to your surface. 


I started off by drawing around template number 6 from my That's Crafty! Journal It Templates Set 1 onto some brown faux leather card. Once I had drawn around the outline, I repositioned the template to add an extra flap to my cover.
 



I folded the 2 score lines then painted both sides lightly with That's Crafty! White Gesso. After drying the surface with a heat gun, I started to add colour using a small range of That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paint. and a dry brush, gently sweeping my brush horizontally and vertically.




I then used a selection from Melina Dahl's That's Crafty! Clear Stamps Funky Flowers Set 1, and stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturn.




Oh yes, one of my cats thought he could help!

I then went over the surface again with a dry brush and some of the colours I had already used. This really built up the layers of texture. I then added the piggy from That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set Melina's Quirky Animals, filling in the body and head with That's Crafty Multi Surface Paints in red and white. I also added some colour to some of the stamped flowers.


I took my template back to the cover and pierced the left hand holes from the template onto the centre of the spine to the left -  ready to add elastic for the inner pages and to fasten the journal.





I finally added elastic to the centre of the spine to create a closure. 


To finish the detail on the cover I drew a couple of wonky lines around the edge of the cover with a black marker.

Again, a nice and quick, but effect little project. A great size for travelling or for taking to the shops with your grocery list on it!

Enjoy your week and Happy Crafting. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook