Home Is A Toadstool by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

Welcome to my post for this week which is for all you shroom fans out there and I don't know about you but I really love anything shroom themed as I love them in artwork as much as I enjoy eating them!

Step by Step:

These stamps from Kelly O'Gorman are so lovely to work with as they have such a lot of amazing detail which makes them so versatile, especially if you like a bit of decoupage as the detail just shouts out to be made dimensional.

I stamped the image on smooth paper with black ink and coloured the image with alcohol markers. I stamped it again so that I could use some elements for layering and coloured just these areas (including the roof) with the same markers.

I cut out the main image and glued it to the clever MDF backing piece that Laura and Graham created to fit. It's a perfect match!.

I prepared the base section by adding a thick rough layer of texture paste, running a fork through it nearer the edge for a grungy look. Once dry, I painted it with green multi surface paint.

I glued the top section in place and added my layer pieces with dimensional glue for a 3D look. I finished off with some tiny pinecones.



Supplies:

Alcohol Ink Markers
 
Have a great weekend and see you next week.
 
Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook