The Sea of Life by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

I have something a little different to share this week as I finally managed to finish off the journal spread I created the background for quite a while ago. The pages have a mish mash of stamps by different designers for That's Crafty! too and I hope you like the end result.

Step By Step:

The background that I had created for the journal spread uses a favourite mask of mine, All Bubbly by Melina Dahl. I used Flat Matte Sprays in Aqua and Basil with the mask, lightly misting the ink colours on to create an under sea style background.


I set about making my planned embellishments for the pages, stamping a variety of fish and one of Blue Woods Design girls on smooth white stamping card with black ink. The images were coloured with a mix of watercolour pencils and coloured pencils for added texture. I then cut them all out.

I created the porthole with circle dies, colouring the card by dabbing on Bronze Metallic Multi Surface Paint with an old paintbrush - this gave a grungy, antique look to the surface. I glued on a variety of bits from my hole punch waste.

I used a stencil with Evergreen Multi Surface Paint to add seaweed to the pages and then took a seaweed die from my stash and die cut the quite a few pieces from my scraps of That's Crafty! papers, choosing colours to contrast with the green hued background. I glued these in place working up the pages.

I glued on my porthole over the top of the girl and glued on the fish to look as if they're swimming through the seaweed fronds.

I finished off the pages with one of Lynne's Affirmations which I stamped on an inky scrap and cut into 2 lines to add to the background.



Supplies:

Circle Dies
Seaweed Die
Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook