Guess Who? by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone 

I'm sure by now if you pop by my post's here regularly then you'll know I love creating mixed media panels so it will be no surprise that I'm sharing my latest one today.

It features one of Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp sets along with some of his distress colours including Prize Ribbon, the newest addition to the distress colour family released the other month. 


To create the background I used Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains (Prize Ribbon, Candied Apple) and my own 'tie dye' technique. Basically, I follow the same principles as tie dyeing with fabric using paper/ card instead of fabric and spray inks instead of fabric dyes. 
There's a post on my own blog here (from a good few years ago now) if you fancy checking it out.  
 
I also blended some Distress ink (same colours) in some areas of the 'tie dyed' piece before adhering it to a  That's Crafty! white/greyboard panel cut to size. 

For some background detail I added some black ink stamping using the small circles and crosses stamps from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 'Inquisitive' stamp set ....



.....and  Tracy Evans AAll and Creates 'Reckoner Digits' stamp.   
Some white pen highlights along with some white paint splatters and lines and the background was ready for the focal feature.


The focal feature 

For this I used more of the stamps from Tim's 'Inquisitive stamp set - the 'target' (as I call it)  and one of the top hatted gents. 

The black ink stamped 'target' was treated to some Distress Spray Stain splatters, adhered to a That's Crafty! greyboard round and sanded back to fit the round. The lines and dots on the 'target' were all  drawn in with a micron pen. 

The Gent was stamped and embossed (black ink, clear embossing powder) in keeping with his rather dapper refined look. 
He was lightly watercoloured using Distress inks (Tattered Rose, Prize Ribbon).  
Seems so lightly the lens hasn't picked it up very well at all!


To finish I added some white embossed words ( 'Inquisitive' stamp set) that I thought suitable..... 
Guess Who? 


Products Used: 

Paper Trimmer

I hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today . Appreciated thanks for stopping by. 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and a fun creative week 
Take Care
Amanda

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook