Where Flowers Bloom by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone 

Following on from the 'flower' themed card I shared here last week, that theme continues today and again it's in the form of a card and again I'm using the same stencils as they were still lying around my desk. 
Note to self - clear up after yourself !!!

The flower that features on todays card IS different though and it's a beauty (imho)- a Carabelle Studio's stamp 'Daisy" designed by Ana Bondu. 
I've set it against an 'open space' stencilled background that has only the odd touch of delicate colour within some of the stencilled elements.


I worked on mixed media paper cut to size for the background, card stock for the matt n layers n handmade card. 

To begin I stamped the 'Daisy' on to the mixed media paper. I also stamped it again on spare card , cut it out and used it to mask the background 'Daisy' from the next step. 

Taking Creative Muse Designs 'Circles of Circles' stencil I positioned the largest circle aperture over the   'Daisy' stem, more to the left than the right.  I masked off the surrounding circles with masking/ stencil tape and then coloured inside the circle with Tim Holtz 'Prize Ribbon' distress oxide,  flicked the oxide ink with water,  dabbed it off with a paper towel to create some white 'speckles' and drew round the circle with a black micron pen. 


I then moved onto water colouring the flower. 
For this I used Tim's Distress inks.  'Prize Ribbon' was the main colour for the petals.... 


....along with some gentle touches of Mustard Seed which was also carried through to the flower head.  
Just a few white highlights to finish. 


Wanting the Daisy to be the 'star of the show' (so to speak) I kept the background simple with some drawn stencilled circles of varying sizes, a select few coloured with distress inks/oxides and a delicate showering of black paint splatters. 


To finish I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in the large circle and made a few 'faux stitch' marks around the circle. 

'Where Flowers Bloom so does Hope' 


Products I used: 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook