Hello Friend by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone, 

Today I have a mixed media card to share that features a stenciled silhouette flower and butterflies set against a multi coloured background. 

It's  a pretty quick and easy card to make so suitable for beginners through to seasonal crafters/ creatives alike. 


I worked on mixed media paper cut to size. 
After selecting a 'rainbow' of colours from my Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains (Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina, Fossilized Amber, Wilted Violet, Crackling Campfire, Salty Ocean) I had fun spraying the paper with colour. I tended to dry between spraying to lessen the changes of the colours running together too much. I wanted some blend but not so much that the colours lost their own identity. 

To intensify the colours around the outer edges of the panel of paper I blended in the same colour Distress inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Salvaged Patina, Salty Ocean). 
 

Now the next couple of steps could be done by either stamping then stenciling or stenciling then stamping. I chose to follow the latter . 
Using Stamperia's Atelier Arts -'Poppy and Flower' stencil I placed the part of the stencil I wanted to use in the centre of the multicoloured background panel masking off the rest of the design directly around that area with masking/ stencil tape.
I then applied DecoArt Black Modelling Paste through the stencil to create the flower silhouette and butterflies. After removing the masking tape and stencil I set aside to air dry. 
My preference but a heat tool could be used to quicken up the process. 

When dry I highlighted the silhouette flower and butterflies with a white pen. 


To add detail to the background I simply added some black ink 'broken' stamping using one of the stamps from AALL & Creates 'Background Noise' stamp set and some black micron pen stencilling using a couple of That's Crafty! dinky stencils: 'Bubbles' and 'Stitches' and Creative Muse Designs 'Circle of Circles' stencil. 


Some black paint splatters, the sides caught with black paint and the panel was all set to be matt n layered onto white and black card stock before being adhered to a white hand made card. 

To finish I added a white embossed sentiment 'Hello Friend' courtesy of Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous 'Tiny Text' stamp set.


Products Used: 

Black Card 
That's Crafty!  Dinky Stencils: 'Bubbles' (TC005), 'Stitches' Round Dinky Stencil (TC120)  
White pen 
Paper Trimmer 

Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today. 
Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by- much appreciated 
Until the next time have fun creating 
Take Care 
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. So gorgeous! Love the black on the fab bright background. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! Chris for you kind words dn for taking the time to pop by . Appreciated . Take Care x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook