Beautiful Nature by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


 Hello!

I hope you caught the Hochanda shows yesterday with the much missed Jo Channon back at the helm. Jo was demoing with the amazing new stamp designs from Lynne Moncrieff that originated from her gorgeous stamp carvings. I was so lucky to have the chance to play with them and the trio of artist trading cards here is just one of the things I created. 

Step by Step:

My trio were all created in a similar way with the same ingredients apart from the stamping so I'll just give the details for making the background which is really easy.

I was working on the white/greyboard atcs and painted them all with slightly diluted Multi Surface Paints in soft shades - I used Apricot, Buttercup, Ivory and Sandstone. I applied the paints with a sponge.

I then stamped on the painted surface with brown ink, using the feather stamp on two of the atcs and the small leaf on the last one.

I next took the crackle Craftyboard overlay and cut it into three sections. I painted them with Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint and added a little tree bark pearl ink on top, smooshing it around a little.

The Embellishments:

I stamped my bird and the larger leaf with dark brown ink. I have a little trick with the bird too as being a silhouette image, I added interest by stamping the small sprig directly onto the image with black ink before stamping it out. 

I prepared some Craftyboard feathers, painting them with Tree Bark Pearl Ink and blue and Aqua Green Satin Inks.

I then assembled my atcs, gluing on the painted Craftyboard crackle sections together with some ripped packaging and some muslin left over from a previous project (it was smeared with texture paste and spritzed with Blackberry and Walnut Flat Matte Spray).

I finished off with some text stamped on ink spray overflow paper, adding a circle of this to the feather atc.




Supplies:

Scraps of Textured Packaging, Muslin
 
 

If you missed the shows, there's always rewind and definitely worth a look to see Jo in action and all the samples from the Design Team.

See you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Fliss
    The ATCs are stunning! I cannot thank you enough for the fabulous samples you created with my new stamps.
    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynne, so kind of you and much appreciated as I really loved working with your beautiful new designs.
      Fliss xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook