Absolutely Unique by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I do love to create home decor pieces and those with a nod towards steam punk and so this piece was born. I chose to use the Sir Vagabond Collection Stamperia for my project as it comprises papers, greyboard elements, stamps, die cuts and co-ordinating moulds making it super easy to create a project with a cohesive look.

My assemblage has been created on a Torn Edge MDF Upright which was painted with Saddle Brown paint from the Daily Art Rust and Patina set. I then cut a piece of paper from the 12 x 12 Sir Vagabond paper collection to fit the front of the Upright and overstamped it with Vintage Map using Sepia Archival Ink as I wanted a permanent image so more wet media could be added on top later on. This was then added to my Upright using Multi Purpose Glue before adding patches of Crackle Paint and highlighting the crackles with mica powders  from Crackling Lacquer Kit once the paint had dried.

I  created a large cog and Sir Vagabond Cartouche using resin and left them to set. I then chose lots of greyboard small gears plus some larger ones from my stash - you could us  Sir Vagabond gears or some of the large That's Crafty! Craftyboard cogs for this and planned out my layout. To create the rust effect on my cogs I used the Daily Art Saddle Brown, Red Ochre and the tiniest amount of Yellow from the Rust and Patina Kit mixing in a little sand to give it a more rusty texture. When the paints had dried I added a small amount of  Daily Art Copper Patina Wax.

The Sir Vagabond image was painted with Black Gesso before adding Finnabair Matte Wax in Rusty Brown and Rusty Red before highlighting with Finnabair in Vintage Gold.

The base of the Upright was coloured with Red Ochre paint and then Rusty Red and Brown waxes smeared randomly over the top. I gave the same treatment to a Decorative Chip.

Having created all of my component I then layered them on my Upright adding in Clear Die Cuts behind and in between some of my layers. I added a fussy cut element from the 8 x 8 Sir Vagabond pack of papers which was inked around the edges with Sepia Archival ink.

Finally I added some gears to the base along with the sentiment "absolutely unique" from the die cuts    pack.

I do hope you like my make this week and watch out for my take on Lady Vagabond in the next week or so.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook