Let the Future Arrive One Day At A Time by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I have created my make this week on the back of the Torn Edge MDF Upright I used for my Sir Vagabond piece published last Wednesday. To make this piece I started by cutting a piece of background paper 13.5 cm by 19.5 vm from one of the papers in the 12 x 12 Lady Vagabond Paper  collection. I then tore elements from the paper with the Upright Lady Vagabond page distressing the edges and adding Acorn Archival ink to the edges.

Before adhering the torn and inked elements in place I stamped the suitcases from Lady Vagabond stamp set as shown below.

I cut my title from the 12 x 12 paper collection which has lots of images for fussy cutting, inked the edges and adhered it in place tucking it behind the top torn piece of paper as shown. I also added from the Lady Vagabond Clear Die Cuts a telescope (top left), trunk (tucked so it comes out from behind the lower torn paper piece) and small books (along the bottom of the lower torn piece of paper.

I then spent some time adding lots more fussy cut elements - starting with the Lady Vagabond looking through her telescope. This piece was shaped to give her body dimension and secured in place with dimensional glue behind her torso and Multi Purpose Glue for the area of the trunk. I added the hinges as shown, wrapping the lower ones around the base piece of paper before adding goggles, padlock and telescope in place.  I had some left over gears from my Sir Vagabond make and tucked these into place before adding the cat from the Lady Vagabond Die Cut Assortments. Having assembled my piece I adhered it to the upright and placed more rusty cogs and a key from the die cut assortment to the base. Finally I added Glossy Accents to the "glass" pieces on the elements.

I have of course got lots of elements left which will I can assure you be put to good use in other projects as I simply adore both the Lady and the Sir Vagabond collections.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook