What Time is Love? by Amanda Pink

11:00

 Hi Everyone and Welcome 

I have created a mixed media art panel to share with you today. 

I guess it came about after a good friend of mine reminded me of the band 'KLF' who hit the music scene in the late 80's and apparently were the biggest selling singles band in the world in 1991. Well, one of their tracks ,"What Time Is Love?" has been playing on a loop in my head ever since! 
So I thought I'd let it be the spark for my creativity...  

I began with the background working on watercolour cardstock with both Distress Spray Stains (Salty Ocean, Crackling Campfire) and Distress Inks (Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Crackling Campfire).

 I either sprayed or pressed the stains/ inks onto a craft mat, spritzed with water, smooshed the card through them to pick up colour and dried with a heat gun. 

I continued in this way gradually building up layers, depth and detail of colour variegation. 


The background was adhered to a That's Crafty! White/Greyboard 6x6 panel that I cut down to size.

 Further background detail, interest and texture was added....  some archival ink stamping using a couple of stamps from Tim Holtz Stamper Anonymous stamp sets: Documented, Mini Glitch and some Distress Texture Paste stencilling using Tim Holtz layering stencil: Script. 


When the paste was dry I stippled over it with Distress Paint (Antique Linen). 


The focal feature that gives reference to  'time' and 'love' of the KLF track is the sum of a few parts-
 a That's Crafty! greyboard clock and a That's Crafty! White/Greyboard heart. 

The clock was 'rusted' up using Tim Holtz Distress Grit Paste coloured with DecoArt Media Fluids (Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Paynes Grey, Quin Gold). 
  
The heart was 'roughed up' and painted with distress paint (Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean) and Deco Art Media fluid (Quin gold).  A couple of Tim Holtz rub ons added a touch of extra detail and an altered brass clock face provided a perfect embellishment. 


The clock, the heart and the background all received some paint Distress Paint splatters.  

Last but by no means least and thanks to some Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers I added the title of the song that sparked the creativity: 
"What Time is Love?"



Products I used: 

Watercolour Cardstock 
Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Antique Linen
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Crackling Campfire, Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Stamps: Documented (CMS226), Mini Glitch(CMS405)
Paper Trimmer

Hope you've enjoyed your time here with me today . Thanks for taking the time to stop by - much appreciated. 
Hope you have a lovely creative week 
Take care 
Amanda 
x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook