Quirky Pages by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
For this weeks post I am back playing in my little That's Crafty! grey/white board art journal (3" x 5").  I am really enjoying making these smaller pages.


Here's What I Did:

As with the previous pages I have completed in this little art journal each page started with it having been covered with a gelli print scrap from my stash and then I smeared white gesso over with a spatula to add some texture to the pages. Onto the gesso covered page I have started my layers of colour by using water colour paints, a selection of colours from the Art by Marlene Bold & Bright set.


Over the watercolour I stencilled one of That's Crafty! masks, Mandala 1, using Dina Wakley Sky paint.


I then added more stencilling over the top in places using several That's Crafty! Dinky stencils and That's Crafty! Clouds & Hearts stencil, all added using more Dina Wakley paints. I have doodled around some of this stencilling using a black fineliner pen. There are some torn heart paper pieces of Dina Wakley collage sheets added with matt medium and I have also added some scribbly writing using one of Dina's scribble sticks.

Onto some stamping card I stamped the 2 quirky figures from Dina Wakley's 'Quirky People' stamp set and cut them out. Other than painting in the red cheeks I left them uncoloured and glued them onto each of the pages. To the bottom of both images I added a strip of Dina Wakley washi tape and added some more freehand scribbling to them. I cut a heart out of the washi tape and added one to each image. I also punched some small circles from a book page to add under each image. The addition of a Tim Holtz Snarky sticker outlined with fineliner pen  finishes off each page. 

A closer look at each page.



Here's What I Used:
Art By Marlene Watercolour Tin - Bold & Bright
That's Crafty! 6" x 6" Mask - Mandala 1
That's Crafty! 8" x 8" Stencil - Clouds & Hearts
Selection of That's Crafty! Dinky Stencils all of which can be found HERE
Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic Paints - Sky, Lemon, White & Ruby
Dina Wakley Stamp Set - Quirky People
Dina Wakley Collage Sheets several choices available
Dina Wakley Washi Tapes several choices available
Book Pages
Small circle punch

Have a fabulous week and see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are a great cure for a grey day of tropical rainstorms! What fabulous explosions of colour and energy and humour. Love both panels.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've crammed amazing layering and detail on your pages Amanda. The brightcolours are lovely and the backgrounds fit the images so well.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook