Talk to the Moon by Helen Chilton

11:00

There are two reasons I love this stamp set, not just the wild eyed bunny, but also the very useful scalloped border.


This is actually made with a 4 x 6 box frame canvas that I was going to use for something else (can't remember what!). I'd already ripped off the canvas and started spraying it yellow.


One side is nicely recessed - I painted this over in white.


I didn't think I'd be able to stamp the scallop directly onto the recessed wood, so stamped onto tissue paper and cut it out.


Just arrange it round the edge adding bits to the corners.


Then I got a big surprise - the acrylic wax I used to stick the tissue paper reactivated the yellow colour underneath!


It was a little bright even for me so I covered it with a wash of white and then sponged on some teal and dark pink paint.


Stamp, cut out and colour your bunny and the moon.


I added some chequerboard effects and a coffee stick for my moon.




Supplies:

That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets by Melina Dahl: ATCoins Stamp Set 7, Bunny
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints: Teal, Bright Magenta, White
That's Crafty! Acrylic Liquid Wax - 120ml
Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Jet Black
Dina Wakley Media Collage Tissue Paper - Plain
4x6 Box Canvas

I love the whimsical nature of the bunny with her long eyelashes and ruff - she works well with the moon stamp as Melina designed them both. I've left the sides as they were with yellow drips, but you could also add some stencilling in black paste. have fun!

Helen

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook