Flutterby Butterflies... by Amanda Pink

11:00

Hi Everyone

Welcome to my weekly post of creativity.
After a few weeks away from my creative space I'm back today sharing a colourful butterfly art panel but of course as I love my black and my grunge I couldn't resist adding some into the creative mix.


For the background I created the stripes by scoring lines down a piece of white card stock. I painted in between the scored lines using three colours of PaperArtsy fresco finish paints. I wasn't too precious about keeping within the spaces as I wanted a more rough, grungy look. I then brayered black paint over the scored lines to emphasise them and 'big up' the grunge.
I used a white pen to add some vertical lines to help highlight the stripes. Again I followed the flow of the roughly coloured paint lines rather than trying to get each line perfectly straight. 

The butterfly, or I should say butterflies as I used both the beauties from PaperArtsy stamp set ETS26 are stamped onto white card using Archival ink. They are coloured using the same paints I used for the stripes. I cut each of them out - the larger and smaller butterfly of the two designs in full and then just the inner part of the larger butterfly. After adding a few white highlights and pen marks they were adhered on top of each other to create one multi-layered butterfly. I love how the two butterfly designs come together so seamlessly to create one. 


The manipulated wings of the layered butterfly give it a lovely sense of movement and some great dimension


The butterfly sits on a black crackled circular mount surrounded with a double circled grit paste frame.


For the thorax of the butterfly I added a painted length of dowel adorned with a beaded shiny jewel. 


I also added some black eyelets to each of the corners of the panel and mounted the finished piece onto a That's Crafty! Postcard panel







Products I used:

That's Crafty! White/ Greyboard Postcards Panel
White Card 
Black Acrylic Paint
PaperArtsy fresco Finish Acrylic Paint: Blue Lagoon, Mustard Pickle, Tangerine Twist.
Ranger Grit Paste
DecoArt Crackle Paste
Thats Crafty! All Purpose Adhesive
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
PaperArtsy Stamps: Eclectica ETS26 designed by Tracy Scott
Scissors

Paper Trimmer
Score Board
Scoring tool
Beaded jewel
Dowel
Black Eyelets

I hope you have enjoyed your time here with me today - thanks for taking the time to stop by. I really appreciate.
Wishing you all a great week ahead and hopefully I'll be back as usual next week
Until then
Take Care
Amanda
x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Really striking artwork in your signature style Amanda and love those beautiful bright shades and all the grungy detail.
    Lovely to have you back too as we've missed you.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute stunner, Amanda... the colours are so vibrant, the textures as always so invitingly tactile, and so fabulous to see those wings from the horizontal angle and enjoy the amazing dimension. Brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed a stunner, one of my fave colour combo’s and ooooh that fabulous dimension.
    Love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous design Amanda x I love the colours and the layers on the butterfly xx

    TFS and huge hugs
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook