Falling Leaves by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I decided to share my Autumn leaf journal pages today as down here in the South of England the trees have started to lose their leaves and I really love the colours they go at this time of year, partly because I was born in the Autumn so this season has a special place in my heart.

What I Did:

I coloured my pages by using an old store card to pick up diluted multi surface paints in shades of yellow and orange, scraping the paints all over the pages until they were roughly covered. I always think little bits of white showing make a much more interesting background.

As I was using Lynne's gorgeous carved leaf design stamps, I wanted to try something different with them and hit upon the idea of over stamping the inked stamp with a texture stamp. I inked up the stamp with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and pressed on my chosen texture stamp which looks a bit like a skeleton leaf texture. To my surprise, it left an impression of a leaf on the texture stamp which when stamped looked exactly like a skeleton leaf - result!



I repeated this technique several times on my pages, stamping some off the pages for extra interest.

I then took the same leaf stamp and stamped this several times on smooth cartridge paper. This time I used the same Rusty Hinge ink, stamping text on with Aged Mahogany and adding a little black around the edges. I cut out 3 of the leaves and glued these on my pages.

To finish, I stamped on my quote with the Rusty Hinge ink.


Supplies:



Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. It’s definitely autumn up North brrrrrr, what a lovely way to use Lynne’s stamps and great pages
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages hold a gorgeous rich Autumn glow , Fliss and love how your leaves differ in detail and texture . Wonderful Creativity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, fabulous autumn colours - your leaves look so good tumbling down the page, and I love the skeleton ones in the background too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook