Making Your Mark Journal Pages by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have some more journal pages to share this week as it seems we have an Indian Summer at the moment with lovely warm sunny weather so I wanted a bright project to celebrate the temporary return of summer.

What I Did:

I coloured the pages first using diluted multi surface paints (mustard, yellow, teal), applying them with sponges for a soft look. I then added a little stencilling with one of the round Dinky stencils and teal multi surface paint.

I next stamped on the letter texture stamp, randomly over both pages using Fossilized Amber Archival Ink. I stamped the circle trio from one of Lynne's ever useful mark making sets with Cactus Flower Archival ink for a bright contrast.

I then racked my brain over the embellishments I should use and hit upon the idea of continuing the circle theme. I did this by stamping the texture rose stamp with black ink on white card, overstamping in black with the script stamp from the same set.


I found some rather murky ink spray overflow paper in my bits box which was sort of greyish with touches of bright pink so I over stamped it with the script stamp using the pink Archival ink and cut out rough circles to set my roses on.

I added the roses to the pages, 5 for balance, then roughly painted Rose flat matte spray round each circle to make it pop.

I finished off my pages by rubbing pink ink round the edges, stamping down the vertical edge of each page with another mark making stamp using Cobalt Archival ink. I added text stamped on white card with black ink, cut into word tiles, edges inked with pink and matted on more of the murky stamped overflow paper.


Supplies:

That's Crafty! A5 Wire-o Journal
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Mark Making Stamp Set 1
That's Crafty! Textures Collection Stamp Sets - Set 2 and Set 3
That's Crafty! Clear Stamp Set - Lynne's Wildflowers Set 1
That's Crafty! Flat Matte Sprays
That's Crafty! Multi Surface Paints - Mustard, Teal, Yellow
Ranger Archival Ink - Cobalt
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Ranger Archival Ink Designer Series - Cactus Flower
Ranger Distress Archival Ink - Fossilized Amber
White Card


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x
 



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Lovely pages Fliss love that you’ve left the roses black & white
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab pages, Fliss - the bold colours make a great contrast to the b&w flowers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pages Fliss, the over-stamped roses are so striking against your sunny coloured background with those beautiful pops of pink! Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook