Even Bunnies Dream by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

We might have had spooky goings on this week at That's Crafty! after 2 very successful shows on Hochanda on Monday but I've decided to keep my spooky artwork to share during October leading up to Halloween. 

This week Melina's adorable bunny has come out to play again on this mixed media piece of artwork which makes me think of a certain rabbit who was nearly caught in Mr McGregor's garden - I'm sure you know what I'm referring to here!

What I Did:

The first step was to prepare my background on my chosen substrate which was an 8 inch white/greyboard circle which comes finished with 2 little holes to add ribbon, thread or wire as a hanger.

I used the 6 x 6 leaves stencil with texture paste to add a pattern on the white side of the circle. This took several goes, applying paste in various areas and allowing to dry before continuing to the next areas. As the paste dries quite quickly, the circle is covered very soon.

I next took the basil and saffron flat matte sprays and misted these over the dried texture paste. Once this was dry, I replaced the stencil over some of the raised areas and painted the leaves with green or evergreen multi surface paint until I was happy with the effect.

I stamped some leaves on spray overflow papers in shades of green and a touch of yellow brown using the leaf from Grunge Flowers Set 4 (attached to the stalk of the flower so you don't need to ink up all of the image). I cut the leaves out.

I then stamped the flower section on pink overflow paper and just the centres on yellow. I cut these out and glued the flower centres on the pink whole flowers.

The bunny was stamped on smooth white cartridge paper and coloured with Kuretake Zig Clean Color brush markers, choosing beige for the body as that's close to the shade of wild bunnies. The other elements were more brightly coloured for a fun look.

I assembled my panel as you see, trying out different effects before finally gluing the elements in place and finished off with part of the dreams text from the dragonfly stamp set, stamped in black to make it stand out. As you see, even bunnies have dreams - probably of a lovely vegetable garden!

Supplies:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This is so cute Fliss, love how rabbit is sniffing in the lovely smell of flowers.- Love your colors and story . xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous scene on the round with Melina’s bunny, rightfully so, taking centre stage. Looks great Fliss
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet, Fliss - and the pink looks so fresh against those vivid greens - delightful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook