Blue Tulips by Fliss Goodwin

11:00


Hello!

I have a mixed media art panel to share this week featuring another of Melina's beautiful floral collage stamps in a colour you might not associate with tulips but artistic license cam into play here as as with my purple poppy, the background led the colour choice for the embellishing.

What I Did:

My chosen substrate was an MDF plaque which I prepped with white gesso then painted with sandstone and apricot multi surface paints. I then added a pattern around the edges, leaving the central area plain, using Lavender Multi Surface Paint with the Squares stencil.

I next took one of Alexa's Blue Woods Design stamps, the scribbly text one, stamping on top of the stencilled areas with gold ink. I then stamped the tulip from Flowers Collection Set 3 in the central plain area using black ink. I added touches of colour to the tiny squares with Zig marker pens for added interest.

I then stamped the image three times on spray overflow paper in shades of blue. I coloured the stalks green with a marker pen and cut just the flower and stalk out of 2 and just the flower head from the remaining one.

I stamped the large and small arrow images from Alexa's doodles stamps on more spray overflow paper and cut these out to give pointy ends and edged them with black ink. They look rather like washi tape I think.

I assembled the panel as you see, gluing the flower head over the one stamped on the plaque and glued the other flowers on to create a trio. I glued the faux washi tape near the plaque base, positioning them on opposing sides. I finished off with text from Lynne's Affirmations Set 10 stamped on more spray overflow paper (from my never ending supply of bits!)

Supplies:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Beautiful panel love the blue hues on this
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Adore the blue tulips and the background is yummy too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blended shades of blue and violet on the blooms, and they work so well against the pretty background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook