Haunted by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
Yesterday That's Crafty! appeared on Hochanda TV with their fabulous launch of spooky products including stamps, stencils & MDF shapes and substrates. If you missed either of these shows you can watch them both on the Hochanda catch up service for up to 60 days, visit Hochanda website HERE.
I'm sharing with you this week one of the samples that I made to support the launch.


Here's What I Did:

I started with one of the coffin shaped MDF tags that come in a pack that includes 3 different sized coffin tags and 2 large skull jigsaw pieces. I gave the MDF a light coating of white gesso. I then played with another That's Crafty! product, that was new to me, the Pearl Inks. 

I started by adding the Pearl Ink using a piece of washing up sponge, I gave the inks a good shake and took the lids off which left some ink into the lids and dipped my sponge lightly into the ink in the lid and patted the ink onto the gesso covered MDF, I started where I wanted the moon and covered an area larger than I needed. Using another piece of sponge I added the Violet colour ink in the same way working towards the edge of the tag, leaving the moon shape. I then added in the same way with navy and then edged with black. 

I stamped the branches from the tree, on the 'Happy Hauntings' stamp set, around the edges of the tag and then stamped the entire tree onto the front of the tag using Versafine Clair black ink. 
I then, from the same stamp set, stamped the raven onto a separate piece of card, coloured with coloured pencils and cut out and added to the tag. 


To ground the tree on the tag I tore a piece of paper and dabbed on, using the sponge again, the black pearl ink to create the ground. 

Last touch was to heat emboss in black the word Haunted, again from the same stamp set.
These inks have a fabulous sheen to them which sadly the photo doesn't show.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty! Pearl Inks - Yellow, Violet, Navy & Black
That's Crafty! Stamp Set - Happy Hauntings
Black Embossing powder from my stash but plenty of other options HERE
Washing up sponge cut into small pieces
Torn piece of paper

Have a great week and I will see you all back here next Tuesday.

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Jeepers - the intensity of those violet blues is astounding! Gorgeous gnarled tree branches too... this is a Halloween style that is right up my street... properly eerie.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and I agree the intensity of the blues is fantastic. Fabulously atmospheric ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I'm loving those colours - so intense and dramatic and just perfect to set the scene of your haunted night sky . Fabulous creativity , Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The deep blue violet surround and the shimmering moon make such a fabulous scene Amanda. The knarled branches make a fab frame for the raven.
    Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook