Better Together by Amanda Southern

11:00

Hi Everyone
This week I have been creating using a That's Crafty acrylic stack, it's been a while since I created one of these so I've really enjoyed making this one, especially using these cute guys and hand painting them all was so therapeutic.


Here's What I Did:
Firstly when stamping on acrylic you need an ink that dries really quickly, for my stamping I used StazOn pigment ink which doesn't dry quite as fast as regular StazOn, and seems a little blacker (in my opinion). The other advantage of stamping on acrylic is that if you don't stamp it correctly you can just clean it off with rubbing alcohol or similair, this I had to do a couple of times LOL.
Laying the 3 layers of acrylic out I stamped different sections of the  bird strip stamp (Carabelle Studio) onto each of the acrylic pieces.
Using a combination of Posca paint pens and Paperartsy Fresco opaque paints I started painting in the birds. I always start with whatever bits are going to be white.


Next was, using a fine paintbrush, to paint all the birds. I have painted mine on the side that I had stamped onto which makes it easier to keep within the lines but the final image, doing it his way, will be reversed so you can't do this with any text.


Using opaque paints you can over lap your colours and it wont show from the other side, start with your lightest colours.


Continue painting all 3 acrylic pieces, the backing piece is MDF and I have given this a coat of gesso and then using more paint created a sky adding the clouds by stencilling them on.

Adding my words I have used some Tim Holtz remnant rubs from my stash and added them to the 2nd piece of acrylic. 
All that then remains, making sure your paint is totally dry, is to put your stack together using the nuts and bolts that you get with the stack and you get a fabulous 3D effect which sadly the photographs don't give you that look.


If you fancy making something a bit different these stacks are fun to play with.

Here's What I Used:
That's Crafty Acrylic Stack I've used a different size but ATC size available HERE 
StazOn Pigment Ink - Piano black
Carabelle Studio Edge Stamp - Des Oiseaux sur un Fil 
Posca Paint Pens - Assorted colours
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints - Assorted opaque colours
Fine Paintbrush
Tim Holtz Remnant Rub from my stash others can be found HERE

Have a fabulous week and I'll see you all next Tuesday
Love
Amanda X


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Really love this Amanda, those cute birds look so happy with all their friends gathered around them and the whole look is wonderfully bright and cheery.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so cool - the layering of the acetate panels gives such a brilliant depth to the flock of birds. Love your step-out photos and tips for the reverse painting - I've never quite got the hang of that. Brilliant piece!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, love all the layers 👏🏼😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. very clever technique all the way through! thanks so much for sharing . . . and I love those birds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook