It’s Always the Small Pieces by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone

I have a wall hanging for you today created on my favourite That’s Crafty! substrate their 8” x 8” MDF square.







Here’s What I Did:


The first thing is to prepare the MDF with a coating of gesso to prime the wood but also as I knew that the background colour would be visible on the finished piece.

Next was to create some gelli prints onto tissue paper as these would create my background. I wanted plain bold colours and chose 4 colours of PaperArtsy Fresco Paints and one of the new larger PaperArtsy stencils by Kim Dellow. I brayered a single colour onto the Gelli Plate (I used the 8”x10: one) laid the stencil over the paint and then pulled the print onto a piece of tissue paper. I did this 4 times with 4 different colours yellow, blue, red & black, I wanted the stencil to leave a clear space as the white of the gesso would show through or the colour that I overlaid the piece onto. 

I then cut the tissue up into different sized pieces and layered them up onto the MDF using matte medium. I love how switching the pieces around really makes for an abstract look.

I then stencilled over the piece using several Seth Apter Stencils, all black stencilled has been done using black Archival ink and Cut & Dry Foam. I then outlined the stencilling with a white paint paint pen and added a Tim Holtz Small Talk saying.



Here’s What I Used:-


Seth Apter Stencils by Stencil Girl - 6” x 6” Urban Insiders Bar, Text and Texture,
Seth Apter Stencil – Inside out (From my stash)

Thanks and I’ll see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Gorgeous loving the gelli tissue it has a real pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous loving the gelli tissue it has a real pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gelli prints and collage. Love the bold colours and transparency of the tissue. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, love the collage work and the vibrant colours.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolute stunner Amanda, so colourful and amazing detail too. Love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely glorious, another stunner indeed!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook