Embossed Hearts by Nikki Acton

00:00








Hi everyone. Today I am sharing some embossed hearts using Stampendous Frantage embossing powder and their Encrusted Jewel kits.

I took a size 5 That’s Crafty! MDF Heart and painted it black. Once dry I inked with versamark and added a layer of clear embossing powder and heated. I then inked again and added Aged Black Frantage Embossing enamel (love this stuff!). If you have never used this - here is the official description.

These chunky, vintage-inspired embossing powders from Stampendous, will provide a thick layer of enamel to your artwork. You can also impress an inked stamp into them. Sprinkle it on your artwork and heat from beneath for a shabby chic/vintage look. Perfect for melting glitter or mica in to.


Again I heated and once dry repeated with clear embossing powder. With red rubber stamps you can stamp into the molten surface while it is hot. You do need to take care not to burn your fingers though! So before I heated the top layer I prepared my stamp. I chose three words from Lin Brown’s Eclectica stamp sets. I inked with gold ink and quickly once I had heated the enamel stamped into the molten surface.








I set this aside to cool down and harden and took an MDF panel 6x3 inches. This was from my stash but a That’s Crafty! MDF tag size 8 would be an equivalent surface to use. Again I painted black and once dry I sponged lightly with gold paint. I took a little star, painted gold, added some glossy accents and sprinkled some glitter into it for a little sparkle.








My second heart was done in a similar way. I shared this one last week for the new challenge over on the That’s Crafty! challenge blog (Bling it Up). This time I used blue and silver tones and instead of Frantage enamel I used clear embossing powder with the blue glitter embossing tinsel and silver glitter from the blue Encrusted Jewel Kit. I stamped this one with LOVE.








See you next week!

Nikki


  

Supplies


DecoArt Fluid Acrylics – Silver and Gold
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Paints – Midnight and Little Black Dress

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love the glossy heart and the gold words xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant hearts Nikki and love the simplicity of these, so classy.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work. waving at you Nikki. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABSOLUTELY AMAZINGLY AWESOME Nikki. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wish I could reach out and touch this, they look amazing
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook