Abstract Journal Page – New Stamps and Stencils by Nikki Acton

00:00






I do love a bit of abstract art – so I was very excited to see the new texture stamps and stencils launched on Hochanda last week. This page is from the new 8x8 journal kit.

I started with some black gesso that was left on my brush and swept it over the surface to create my first layer. You can still see some of this under the subsequent layers. Next I used a credit card to scrape three PaperArtsy colours – Mahogany, Smoked Paprika and Terracotta. I felt it needed a bit more colour so introduced some yellow (Dina Wakely lemon). Finally I added a little white gesso – again scraped over the surface for the worn look.

Next I took the new 8x8 stencils – the clock face and letters. I stencilled paint through in patches – the centre of the clock you can see in the orange hue (smoked paprika) and the letters in mahogany.


I took the larger circle stamp from Textures 2 stamp set and stamped with black paint in a row. I then used my finger and the same paints to colour them in.






I stamped the quote from Inspirations quotes set 1 – in black archival and then built the composition around this with black paint and my credit card and the smaller circle rings from the texture stamp set. Some extra stamping in black archival with the letters and small circles from the textures set too.

The XII and little lines around the edge are the numbers from the new clock stencil. Finally I added a black border with my finger – smudging the paint a little.

I did a few more pages for the Hochanda shows which I will share in the coming weeks.


See you next week!

Nikki

Supplies


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great page Nikki, the introduction of the Lemon really ties those colours together. Loving the new stencils and stamps. Thank you for sharing.. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Nikki! This is absolutely amazing! The most gorgeous texture and grunge and all those layers of paint are a wonderful background for your stencilling and stamping - love it!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Nikki! I love all the layers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very abstract but also very beautiful Nikki, the warm colours really are gorgeous and I really love how much depth you have created with the stencilling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful layers of grungyness, fabulous page
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a true sentiment... and it fits perfectly with the WONDERFUL abstract art Nikki. Your background is FABULOUS and it makes me think of our days - all jumbled up and swirling around in our minds. But then you have the five circles that could represent 5 moments that are special in our minds. And of course, I ADORE the colors - all my favs!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving your abstract pieces at the moment,absolutely brilliant
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook