If I had a Flower by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone


I’ve been playing again with my favourite, That’s Crafty! MDF board
which is the 9” x 4.5” piece.







Here’s What I Did:


First thing to do is give the MDF a light coating of gesso, I do this using a piece of Cut and Dry Foam to avoid it not only going on to thick but also avoids brush strokes remaining. 

One that is dry I then blended, in stripes, 3 colours of Dylusions paints using a wide flat paint brush. Using 3 colours actually creates a finish of 5 colours as the colours blend beautifully where they overlap each other (lime into the teal and pink into the teal).

I then stamped onto the board using the flowers, the centre of the flowers come empty put you can stamp into them using an available coordinating stamp set, which I have done. I then painted out the background with black paint, I used PaperArtsy Little Black Dress paint for that as I wanted a totally matte finish. To finish the flowers I highlighted parts of the flowers using a white paint pen.

The last touch was to add the sentiment which I heat embossed, to ensure I got a crisp finish I first tap over the area with the anti -static bag before stamping and embossing it.



What I Used:


Dylusions Paints - Bubblegum Pink, Calypso Teal & Fresh Lime
Carabelle Studio Stamps - Flower Garden, Flower and Borders & Round and Round
White Paint Pen – Dylusions or Posca or similar
Heat Gun

Thanks and see you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Beautiful use of colour Amanda and they pop even more using black as your background, a vibrant creation.. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Amanda! Those colours really pop against the black and the flowers are stunning.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really effective techniques..stunning result. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab and groovy flower power, and I just love that white sentiment.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Beautiful colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful creation, really eye catching with the drama of the black
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook