Imagine Journal Page by Fliss Goodwin

00:00


I hope you manage to catch the Hochanda shows today, which are at 7am and 11am and the lovely Neil will be demonstrating lots of fabulous new goodies including some larger stencils and more word art stencils, both of which feature on my journal page here.






Ingredients:


PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Acrylics – Buff, Haystack, Wisteria
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics – Carbon Black, Pyrrole Red, Raw Sienna
Old Store or Credit Card


Recipe:


I used an old store card to apply the PaperArtsy paints to the journal page, together with some white gesso until I was happy with the effect, as I wanted a fairly muted background for my stencilling.

I then masked off part of the 8x8 stencil so that just the floral element was showing and used this first at the top left side of the painted page, applying red paint in the centre of the flower and black round the outside. I repeated this on the other side using a slightly different placement. The strong colours really make the stencilling pop!

I next stencilled the imagine text down the gap between the 2 flowers near the base of the page using black paint. I stencilled on a few hexagons in the top right corner and next to the text.

I then added in some stamping with black ink using the script and crossed circle images. I used the numbers stencil with the brown paint to add a bit more detail.

The final touch to my page was to add some doodling round the floral elements to pull everything together. I hope you like the rather punchy look I ended up with as it was actually quite a surprise to me!


If you miss the shows, you can watch them on catch up and please do as you won’t be disappointed.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.


Fliss x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wonderful design with the fab new large stencils! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I really love how your journal creation turned out Fliss. So unique and intriguing. Super colors too! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page using the new stencil. Looked brilliant on the TV
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh now this really was a show stopper ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Fliss! Looked amazing on the telly too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook