Kissing Booth by Donna Gray

00:00


Hi everyone,


Donna here today with my favourite grumpy cat stamp and one of the fab new shrines from That’s Crafty! which was showcased at the Stitches trade show a couple of weeks ago.







What to do:


As I used Dylusions paint for this I didn’t need to use Gesso, which I normally would on MDF. As it was so pink I edged it with a little black Distress ink just to tone it down a bit!

Next stamp the Tim Holtz fish bone stamp over the front, inner and sides with black Archival ink.

Stamp grumpy cat and his tie onto on a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper and colour in with diluted Distress markers, fussy cut out and put to one side. Stamp the word happy and the little heart from one of That’s Crafty! clear stamp sets and adhere to the background.

Take grumpy cat and pop him into the booth on a couple of foam pads to make him stand out more. Add a little bit of muslin to represent a little curtain, and then add some Tim Holtz sentiments.

Use some letters also from Tim Holtz to make the words up on the shrine, add a little bit of bling with some shimmery beads and glittery pens. Then assemble all together, using a clear glue to hold it all in place.

I did do the back as well with a little MDF heart on it but rather stupidly forgot to take a picture of it!

Poor grumpy cat, I wonder if he got any ‘customers’ even though it was free ;)


Supplies Used:


Katzelkraft Stamp Sets - Les drôles d'accessoires and Les Chats Russes


Hope you like it

Donna x

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Tee hee.... Such a fun idea for the shrine.... Love it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheered me up this morning, love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...love this and that cat is fabulous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! This really made me smile Donna, it's fab!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuteness overload! Such a fun project. Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm gonna smile all day now after seeing this Donna ...
    this is fabulous fun.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic brilliant piece of art, love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I don't think he's going to get many takers with that forbidding look on his face... and I should think those fish bones smell too! Such a fun make, Donna.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook