The Eyes by Amanda Southern

00:00


Hi Everyone 

I thought I would share with you today one of the double spread journal pages I made using some of the brand new That’s Crafty products that were launched on Hochanda last Friday. There were 2 shows, 7am & 11am which will still be available to watch through ‘Rewind’ on their website.






Here’s What I Did:-


I have worked on the new 8’ x 8’ grey/whiteboard journal, these boards are fabulous and you can throw loads of mediums at them. 

I first gave the board a coat of gesso to seal the board. My background has been created firstly onto tissue paper. I have used the new fabulous Alphabet 8” x 8” stencil and the Gelli Plate. Using a selection of PaperArtsy paints, mostly translucent colours, I have taken block prints and ghost prints, all the alphabet letters are the ghost prints which is why you get the outline. YouTube is a fabulous resource for gelli print techniques. 

I then tore up the tissue paper and randomly applied to the boards using matte medium overlapping the pieces so you can see the piece underneath. When that was all dry I stencilled the ‘Eye’, which is a new Dinky stencil, using black Archival ink. I then turned the stencil over and on the 2nd page stencilled again. I then painted in the white using PaperArtsy paint. When that was dry I lined up the stencil again and went over again so the white looked like it had gone down first.

Lastly I added the quote which is from the first set of That’s Crafty! quote stamps, That’s Crafty! also launched a couple of new sets on Fridays Hochanda show.


What I Used:-




See you all next Tuesday

Love
Amanda X

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Superb use of colour, the shadow print looks fabulous upon the background. Loving those eyes.. the look almost Egyptian with the whites within the eyes! Fabulous.. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab showcase of the new dinky stencil ... Wonderful backgrounds xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love this Amanda. The eyes look so striking against your lovely background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow and then wow some more... I would love to take a Gelli printing class with you! This is an amazing spread - colours, ghost prints, eyes and all.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning artwork, those eyes look amazing!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook