Smile by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I think we all collect little bits and pieces when we are on holiday and then need a special place to keep them safe when we get home so I thought the lovely large matchbox would make a fabulous storage piece for such items.

I started my gluing the pieces of the MDF kit together using Multi Purpose Glue in the pen applicator as this makes it so easy to get just the right amount of glue on the areas that need adhering. Once the glue had set I then covered the entire surface of all of the components with Baby Blue Allegro paint and again let it dry thoroughly. I chose to use two different techniques for distressing my piece. For the outside of the cover I added a layer of Crackle Glaze and left it to dry naturally before sponging on a layer of Milk White Allegro paint. 


For the drawer I then used an old candle and rubbed this over the areas that I wanted the blue to show through concentrating on areas that might get natural wear and tear before painting over the Milk White paint and letting it dry. Once dry, the areas with the wax can be easily rubbed back revealing the colour beneath.


To decorate the box I added some of the flower rub ons and also elements from the Eiffel Tower set before attaching some elements from the co-ordinating wooden shape set along with some florals from the elements and girls and flowers ephemera sets.


I have to say that I am liking the soft pastel colours of this piece just right for a summer project and do hope you will try some of the ideas I have shared today.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook