A Little Bunny Flip Book by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

Today's project is a mini flip book using two of my slide mount templates from my Journal It Templates Set 3


I started by drawing round the large slide mount template (no. 7) onto white card, but not drawing around the aperture. 



I chose one of the ITD Collection rice paper forest images and cut it out. I drew around the image onto the front of the cover in pencil, then cut an aperture approximately a quarter of an inch smaller than the image. I blended Fossilized AmberGround ExpressoIced Spruce and Peeled Paint Distress Oxides over the cover before sticking the rice paper inside the aperture with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive.






For the inside pocket pages I used the small specimen slide template (no. 5) and drew around it three times onto Craft O'Clock Brown Mood paper. To create the pockets I turned the slide mount sideways so the aperture was portrait and added glue to the top flap and the left hand side, avoiding the tab on the left. I stuck the front of the slide mount down to create a side-opening pocket. I did the same with the other two slide mounts. 





I folded the tab back on itself and added glue. I stuck the tab of the first pocket to the left of the inside back cover, the second to the right and the third towards the bottom. This meant each of the pockets would flip out sideways for two of them and down for the third. I then added a card insert into each pocket. 




To finish, I cast a small bunny from Stamperia's Wonderful Season mould with Creative Paper Clay. Once set, I painted with That's Crafty! Chestnut Brown Multi Surface Paint, wiping off lightly with a cloth to fade the colour. I then added a small amount of That's Crafty! Antique Gold Pearl Ink, again wiping it back lightly with a cloth. Finally I glued the rabbit to the front of the book with Pentart Matte Heavy Body Gel.





Another quick project and another fun idea with my templates. Happy Crafting!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook