Fun, Fun, Fun by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday lovely That's Crafty! Creatives. 

As it's been so sunny outside I thought I'd give you a fun, bright tri-fold tag using the delicious new Art by Marlene goodies. 


I started by drawing around the tri-fold tag template from my Journal It Templates Set 1 onto mountboard and cutting the panels out as three pieces. I painted them with That's Crafty! White Gesso. Once dry I used two strips of  Tyvek and double-sided tape to attach the three pieces together leaving a gusset of approximately 1/8 inch between them. 




I added Pentart Decoupage Varnish & Glue to areas of the tri-fold and added torn pieces of Art by Marlene Tissue Paper (having separated the plain back piece of the tissue). I carefully painted the decoupage varnish over the top of the tissue to ensure it was thoroughly glued down. 



For more texture I pasted Pentart Structure Paste through Art by Marlene Flower Power Stencil and dried with a heat gun. I then wiped Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide onto my mat and added a little water. I used this as a paint to add colour over the white areas of the tri-fold. Once covered, I wiped a lightly damp tissue over the flowers to create some contrast with the background. 





For the focal point I chose three of Art by Marlene's Quirky People die-cut figures. To add height, I added some scraps of mountboard onto the back of each character gluing with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. To finish I stamped 'Fun' from Art by Marlene's One Way Ticket stamp set onto white card. Once cut out I wiped the edges with Paris Dusk Memento Ink. I glued the words onto scrap mountboard and added to the tri-fold. 



Such a fun project to do - and I love, love, love the quirky characters so much. Happy Crafting!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook