Enjoy the Journey by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday lovely That's Crafty Creatives!

Let's get properly in the holiday spirit this week with a vintage-themed Travel Journal using the gorgeous re-release Around the World Collection from Stamperia and my Journal It Templates Set 1.


I traced around the large journal template onto white card, marked the spine and cut out. I added a strip of Tyvek to the outside spine using double sided tape, then to decorate the outside and inside cover I used the 12 x 12 Around the World paper pack. I edged with Ground Espresso Distress Oxide, and also added the Distress Oxide  to the inside spine. 






I placed the template back onto the cover and marked the stitch holes for 3 signatures, then punched these out with my pokey tool. For the pages I used 3 sets of 10 tea-stained papers from my stash. I used the inner page template from set 1 to create the pages and again used the template to mark the stitching holes and poked out with my pokey tool. To stitch the signatures to the cover I used a pamphlet stitch with black cotton and a thin needle, fastening off on the inside. 





For the centre signature I create a pocket page by folding the left centre page back on itself by approximately 1/2 inch and then gluing the top and bottom edges to the right hand centre page with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Glue. I added some folded tea-stained papers in the pocket.





To decorate the front cover I used both the 12 x 12 and the 8 x 8 Around the World papers, layering some of the cut-aparts, gluing onto to card stock to add depth. For the inside covers I chose two of the tags from the 12 x 12 papers, glued to card and cut out I then added glue to the bottom edge and to the left and right edges depending on which cover it was being added to. I added a post card from the papers into each pocket. To finish I added a drop of glue to the back cover and stuck some twine down to use as a closure.
 





A lovely project and one that really suits the Around the World Collection. Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook