Spring Has Sprung by Fliss Goodwin

11:35

 


Hello!

This week I have a card to share featuring one of my favourite Spring flowers - the tulip. I love their cheerful bright colours which really make me feel that warmer weather is on the way.

Step by Step:

This card is really simple to make as my background is created with just a stencil and ink sprays. I used Melina's All Lined mask with That's Crafty! Bluebell and Sage flat matte sprays. As you'll see below, there are 2 pieces of card as the mask is quite large and I got more than 1 piece. If you read on you'll see what else I got too.


I was able to get some more out of my mask inking as I pressed the inky surface on further card and 2 more pieces were the result. I used not only the inky mask but also the ink left over on my craft mat. So several backgrounds for more cards!
 

I stamped my tulip and leaves on smooth white stamping card using black ink and coloured the images with watercolour markers then cut them out.


 I decided on a 5 x 7ins white card blank and jazzed it up a bit by stamping on some text from one of Lynne's stamp set with the fabulous new Lost Shadow Distress Oxide - perfect for a subtle effect.


I added my background to a dark green mat and glued the tulip in place. I finished off with text stamped on an inky overflow piece and trimmed then matted on dark green as for the tulip panel.


Supplies:



Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook