Up, Up and Away by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty Creatives!

Today's project is using a combination of gorgeous Calambour Rice PapersThat's Crafty! Art Shrine and a Stamperia Soft Mould.


I started with a That's Crafty! Large Rectangle Art Shrine and semi assembled it (leaving the bottom of the frame off) - gluing with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Adhesive. I painted the surface with That's Crafty! White Gesso and allowed it to dry. I used the inner frame spare to draw around a piece of my Calambour Scenic Rice Paper and cut out - allowing a narrow border around it. 




I applied some Pentart Decoupage Glue and Varnish to the surface of the shrine and adhered the rice paper - cutting the border corners away to help stick it down. I finished building the bottom of the shrine then glued the rice paper down at the sides, finally applying another layer of decoupage glue over the rice paper. 



For the decoration, I used the Stamperia Welcome Home House Mould and cast two balloons and a house with FMM Clay. Once set, I painted first with a layer of the white gesso and then with Studio Light Art by Marlene acrylic paints in a variety of colours. 





I also painted the front of the shrine to match the colours of the rice paper in the background to add a consistency to the piece.


I glued the front frame with That's Crafty! Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive. For the clay pieces I drew around them onto some greyboard and cut the shapes out, slightly smaller than the outline. These greyboard pieces were glued to the back of the clay pieces and then glued inside the shrine and onto the outside frame. For one of the balloons I added a second piece of greyboard to create more of a 3d effect. 





I absolutely love how this piece came out. It will make a lovely gift and using the different scenes from the rice paper and changing the paint colours, you can create a different season for each new piece. 

Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook