Rhapsody In Blue Part Two by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

Welcome to the second part of my blue phase which is a technique heavy tag with collage papers and a bit more stamping than the one last week.

Step by Step:

My substrate is the same as last week, a size 10 MDF tag measuring 10.5 by 21 cm which is my favourite size and I love how you can add anything you like to the sturdy surface.

I painted the tag as before with a coat of Midnight Multi Surface Paint. Once dry, I took the A4 size Hexnet stencil and used this to apply a pattern diagonally across the tag with white Texture Paste. A little unexpected serendipity happened as when it was dry, I found the surface had crackled! No idea why but it looks good.


I masked off the blue side with a piece of paper and then misted the textured surface with a mix of Bluebell Flat Matte spray and Blue Lustre spray. It gave a lovely shimmer that doesn't show up that well in the photo.

I decided to add crackle to the blue area (one of my favourite techniques at the moment) so I brushed a coat of Crackle Glaze over the Midnight paint. I left this to go tacky, around 45 minutes in the current cold weather and me being reluctant to put the heating on!

I brushed a mix of Bright Blue and Light Blue over the Crackle Glaze, this time using more of the brighter shade and the end result is a lovely cobalt blue colour.


This time although I still added paper, I chose to use much smaller pieces inspired by the semi circle image on one of the collage papers. I tore this out along with 2 further circles torn out with the aid of circle dies. I also cut a leafy sprig from one of my other paper scraps.


I then created some stamped elements, stamping one of Melina's gorgeous Funky Florals twice (just the head) on scraps of blue shaded collage paper with black ink and cut these out.

I stamped 3 butterflies on smooth stamping card with black ink and coloured the images with marker pens. I cut them out and for this tag, chopped off the antennae. I brushed on glitter glue for some added sparkle.

I glued the 2 flower heads together, twisting the top one to form a fuller flower and added a glittery gem in the centre. I added this to the tag with the butterflies and tied ribbon through the top to finish. There are a couple of close-ups below so you can see the detail.



Supplies:


Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook