Diamonds are Forever by Helen Chilton

11:00


More of an abstract piece this week experimenting with Distress Watercolor Pencils over Texture Paste and with some of the 3D Foil glue.
I chose a diamond mask for this and used Texture Paste on a piece of whiteboard. (Mine was from an old 5x7 journal, but you can easily cut a piece to size.)


I thought I'd try the pencils over the stencilling - like the texture it gives.


Then add some water to give a bit zing.


Then I got out the black pencil to add more definition.


I smudged some onto the background.


To finish off I painted some of the smaller diamonds with this 3D glue pen..


...and then foiled them when the glue had gone tacky. Love it!



Add some text - mine's computer generated and some ribbon type stuff.



This was really fun to make - I liked seeing how I could bring out the texture of the stencilling. The watercolor pencils were great - you have a lot of control over the amount of colour and exactly where it goes.

See you next week!

Helen

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook