Laughter in the Kitchen by Gill Humphrey

11:00


For this weeks make I decided to make a plaque for my kitchen but it would also make a lovely new home gift for someone. The base of the piece is made from 8 x 8" Chunkie constructed with Multi Purpose Glue. The base of the box was then covered with a paper from the 8 x 8 Casa Granada paper set. I chose the flora/pomegranate piece for the top and a tiled piece for the sides but there are plenty of other choices in the collection to choose from. I then cut a contrasting piece of paper approximately 19cm square, distressed the edges with the edge of my scissors and adhered it on top using scraps of MDF pieces from making the box - its so much better to re purpose rather than throw away the holding MDF pieces from your kits as they are not generally recylable.


I cast lots of moulds from the Greek and Door, acessories and Pomegranade and Flowers moulds using my prefered resin - because it sets quickly, does not need priming and also is solid and with therefore withstand being handled and the steamy environment of a kitchen if that is where you choose to hang your piece. 

Once the resin pieces were ready I coloured them with a selection of Allegro paints adding gold metallic wax to highlight all of the details. The central plaque and corner pieces were painted with Blue Aviation paint. 
 

The flowers were painted with Coral Red and the leaves with Avocado.

 
The final pieces were painted with black.

Once all of the pieces were dried they were then layered in place using gel medium with some more MDF scraps used to stabilise the central element. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading how I made my piece this week and hope that you stay safe and well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook