Dotty Butterflies by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 

Happy Monday!

For today's project I went to my Studio Light and Distress Oxide stash to create a fun, colourful card.


I started by stamping Studio Light Grunge Butterfly 205 with VersaFine Clair Twilight on plain white cardstock. I then used my sponge brushes and Iced SpruceSalvaged PatinaWilted Violet, and Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxides to colour the image. 


Once the whole image was coloured, I went into finer detail with a paint brush over areas of the butterfly wings with the Wilted Violet and Saltwater Taffy. To finish the detail of the main panel I used That's Crafty! Metallic Antique Gold Multi Surface Paint to pick out small elements from the butterfly wings. and then used the Iced Spruce to create a shadow around the butterflies.




I trimmed the panel down and mounted onto black card. Then with a small sponge, went around the edge with the gold paint. 

For the background panel I used black card and Studio Light Grunge Circles Mask96, and the same Distress Oxides I used on the butterfly panel. I had forgotten how effective using Distress Oxides on black card can be. I used my sponge applicators to apply the colours, building up the layers to create a textured background.


I finished by applying some of the Antique Gold paint through the stencil and around the edge of the panel. 


I mounted the background panel onto a black card, leaving a small border then added some scrap pieces of mountboard to the back of the main butterfly panel and mounted that on the background panel. 




And there we have it - a Grunge panel card for any occasion. 

I hope you have a go at this, particularly using your Distress Oxides on darker cardstock. Happy Crafting!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook