Spring Floral Shadow Tag by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 


Happy Easter everyone!

Welcome to my post this Good Friday and this week I have a mixed media shadow tag to share which features some of the latest funky flower designs from the ever talented Melina Dahl.


Step by Step:

I assembled my chosen shadow tag first, gluing the pieces together with That's Crafty! multi purpose adhesive which is my go to glue for MDF as it sticks things together quickly and dries clear too.
 
I used the fabulous funky squiggles mask with white texture paste to add a pattern on the top section of the tag and a little down the sides and let the areas dry thoroughly.

I wanted a lovely sky blue shade for the painted areas which I achieved by mixing a little bright blue into light blue multi surface paint. I painted the tag adding just a little around the centre area edges as I wanted to cover it with paper.

I tore a piece of collage paper to fit the inside of the tag and stamped on a couple of the images from the funky flowers 4 set, the scallop image stamped with VersaFine Clair Warm Breeze and the scribble with Monarch ink. I glued this in place in the centre. I glued in a piece of purple mesh from my stash to add some texture.

I stamped my chosen flowers on smooth white card with black ink and coloured them with watercolour markers, choosing purple and orange shades to contrast with the background.

I wanted the flowers to be nearer the front of the tag and achieved this by taking leftover torn strips of collage paper which I backed with stacked layers of leftover MDF bits. I was then able to add the flowers at different depths to make the tag more 3D.

I finished off by catching some of the raised areas on the tag with gold wax.



Supplies:



Have a great Bank Holiday weekend and see you next time.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love this beautiful shadow tag. Lots of texture and beautiful flowers! Love those flowers! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris and you too xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook