Every Flower... by Gill Humphrey

11:00


I may not be a gardener but I do love florals and the beautiful Garden House collection has lots of nature inspired floral imagery. 

To make the background for this piece I chose a 10" square canvas then applied Matte Heavy Body Gel through the Leaves stencil before sprinkling over Champagne and Mint microbeads.


Whilst the canvas background was drying I then cast some Amazing Casting Resin leaves using the co-ordinating Leaves mould. The leaves were then painted with a base layer of Garden Green. Once the paint had dried I covered the pieces with Chestnut Lasur Gel wiping back fairly quickly to leave the brown in the recesses of the cast pieces. I then dry brushed some more green paint over the top.


For the floral resin pieces I used and icon image from the Greek and Door and flowers from the Pomegrande and Flowers moulds. These were painted with Pink, Powder Blush and Corn Allegro paints.


Once the paint had dried I brushed over Country Rose Lasur Gel wiping it back before it had dried to leave it in the recesses and then dry brushed more of the pink paint over the top.


I spent some time cutting elements from the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 paper collections and then laid them out onto my background adding in some of the Leaves Decorative Chips until I was happy with the result - I then took a photograph for reference.


Before adhering me elements in place I added a layer of Country Green Lasur Gel to the canvas wiping back to leave a subtle covering. The canvas was then edges with the Chestnut Lasur Gel to give an aged appearance. I added the focal shelves on several layers of cardboard so that the element could be tucked into place coming out from behind it. Some of the paper elements were shaped using the warmth of my fingers and added with silicone glue gel. The resin pieces were adhered with heavy body gel.


This is when having taken the photograph is really helpful although I have to say I rarely follow it precisely and at this point often add in a lot more fussy cut elements.


I hope you get to spend some time in the garden over the next few months and that this project inspires you when the weather is less than wonderful. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook