Magical Adventures by Liz Wheeler

11:00

Happy Monday That's Crafty! Creatives!

For today's blog project I will be using a combination of my Journal It Templates, Stamps and That's Crafty! Accessory pack.


I have used the Tall Notes template from my That's Crafty! Journal It Templates Set 2 to create my journal base. For the outer cover I used the calico from the Accessory Pack, tracing round the inner lines from the template to create a Tall Notes Journal. For the inner cover I used a sheet of the Craft O'Clock Wild Garden 12 x 12 paper.


I adhered the calico onto a piece of thick card, ensuring I left a border around the journal shape to stick the calico down at the back of the cardboard. I also slightly mitred the corners for a neat finish. I cut a piece of the Craft O'Clock paper slightly smaller than the cover and stuck to the inside cover, Once the glue had properly dried I gently folded each side towards the centre to create the book cover. 


For the cover design I used the Sketchy Flowers stamp set and Stazon Midnight Blue to stamp onto the calico and also onto card to create masks to achieve a layered look. 



Once I had built up my picture, I used a selection of the gorgeous Rich Hobby Metallic Fabric paints to colour my Sketchy Flowers: Light GreenPinkPurpleTurquoiseWhite.


I then added a stamped sentiment from the Sketchy Flowers onto a small piece of Calico then glued to the front of the book. Again using the Journal It template I marked the holes from the left of the template for elastic binding. By using all 5 holes, it created 8 loops inside the book for my signatures.
To finish the look, I used a lilac ribbon to create a tie closure. 


I hope you enjoyed today's blog, and I hope you have a go yourself x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. that looks great liz, will add it to my list of things I would love to do. so clear and instructive as usual x mo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook