A Walk in the Blooms by Liz Wheeler

11:00

 Welcome to my new weekly blog for That's Crafty!


Today I have chosen to work with a combination of stamps, papers and an Upright MDF to create a quirky 3d scene.


I started by covering the front, back and base of the MDF Upright with Craft O'Clock Wild Garden paper. I used a sharp craft knife to cut away the paper covering the slit on the base of the Upright and then glued the Upright into the base.

For the main embellishments I stamped the Studio Light Grunge Dragonfly stamp several times and coloured with Distress Oxides including the new Saltwater Taffy. I pressed the ink pads onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water to create a wet ink to work from. 


I stamped and coloured The Hike by Janet Klein in the same way, then cut out the flowers, dragonflies and quirky characters, and layered with foam pads to create 3d images. 


I layered the floral and dragonfly images to the top part of the tag and then added the hiker and her dog to the bottom left of the tag. I used black Distress Oxide to edge around the tag and finished by adding the words from the Hiker stamp and positioned across the flowers. 

I hope this gives you inspiration. I don't think this will be the last time I combine my Studio Light Grunge flowers with my Janet Klein characters!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook