Tiptoe Through The Tulips by Fliss Goodwin

11:00

 

Hello!

This week I have a rather tongue in cheek piece of artwork to share which was inspired by our 3 Netherland Dwarf bunnies who have been very excited to finally be able to get let out in our garden again now that Spring is finally here.
 
Step By Step:

My chosen surface for this piece is my favourite MDF Chunkie in the 8 x 8ins size as the images I wanted to use are quite large. I decided to cover the front with paper from my ever growing stash of ink spray and stencil pressing papers. This one is perfect for a spring theme.

As you can see, it's quite grungy but the colours are very springlike. I cut a piece to cover the Chunkie front and glued it in place. I inked the edges with Mowed Lawn Distress ink and rubbed a little bronze wax on the very edge.

I then set about making my embellishments - tulips and bunnies! I stamped 3 bunnies (Melina's design is just so cute and gorgeous) and quite a lot of tulips and leaves on smooth white card with black ink and heat embossed them all with clear powder.

I then tried my new layered colouring technique which involves an undercoat of pencil colour (in the case of the bunnies) or brush marker colour (the flowers and leaves). The top coat is either satin ink or pearl ink.


The brown bunny has a top coat of Sepia and Tree Bark Pearl inks and the darker bunny has Orange Satin ink with Tree Bark and black inks.

This bunny being white has no pencil colouring underneath. He was coloured with Blue Satin ink around the edges and white pearl ink scribbled all over.

I coloured the tulips with streaks of marker pen and painted over the top with Satin inks in shades of orange, red and yellow plus some in purple. The leaves were striped with shades of green.

I cut everything out and assembled the scene first before using dimensional adhesive to glue everything in place.



Supplies:

Have a great weekend and see you next week.

Fliss x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook